Hormonal acne like any other acne can be a painful condition that causes much stress and anxiety. While other acne conditions can be caused by various causes, the prime cause for hormonal acne is an imbalance in the hormones. This hormonal imbalance can be caused due to puberty, pregnancy or menstruation. Due to the nature of this acne condition, hormonal acne is mostly seen in teenagers, women who are menstruating or women who are pregnant. While there are many medications that are available for treating hormonal acne, it is very important that you choose a medication option that is free of any side effects and 100% safe. This is where natural remedies come into play. Natural remedies for acne are not only effective but do not have any harmful side effects that other medications have. Women who are pregnant should avoid medication to combat pregnancy related acne and should only use natural or home remedies for treating acne.
So what are these natural or home remedies for hormonal acne that we are talking about? Home remedies for hormonal acne are made up of ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen. These ingredients consist or herbs, fruits or vegetables and can be made into a paste to apply to the skin or can be eaten. Natural remedies have proven to be very effective in fighting acne. Let’s look at some simple home remedies for hormonal acne here.
1. Garlic: garlic is a well known medicinal herb and garlic contains active sulfur and is found to be very effective as a home treatment for hormonal acne.
2. Fenugreek: Fenugreek has antioxidant properties that help in controlling and curing acne.
3. Lemon juice: lemon juice is widely used as a effective acne treatment and is known to be a very effective antioxidant
4. Neem leaves: neem leaves have a very vital role in ayurveda, neem has been used for ages as a very effective antioxidant and a cure against bacterial infections. Neem leaves are very effective in fighting acne.
5. Sandalwood powder: Sandalwood powder is a very common ingredient in many natural based cosmetic products. Sandalwood not only helps fight acne but also helps give you smooth and glowing skin.
You can use these natural remedies to treat a hormonal acne breakout effectively.